Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: OT: Bicycles with coil-overs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So, not too long ago while I was riding my bike around town part of the frame snapped. The bike was 15 years old so while annoyed I could understand somewhat the frame breakage. So yesterday I went out to buy a new bike with the realization that technology had caught up with bikes...I just hadn't realized how far it had gone.

    The first mountain bike that I looked at was pretty damn slick. It had a carbon fiber swing-arm frame with a coil-over shock (with fully adjustable perches) to support the rear swing arm and the front forks were inverted gas adjustable shocks with coil-overs as well. The breaks blew my mind too. Small 4 piston calipers with cross drilled rotors in front and in back. I don't remember the name on the bike but it was being sold as a 'competition mountain bike' and cost nearly as much as a car.

    After admiring the lovely bike I pried myself away to look at something much more reasonable.

    Sean

    ------------------
    - Atomic 'Teg -
    Blown '99 Milano Red GSR, IceMan CAI
    DC Sports 4-1 Header, ES torque mounts

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is another topic I can relate to, owning a bike shop and all. What did you buy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •